B’Opera are seeking an Apprentice Artist to support their ‘More in Common’ project with Art Works at The Springfield Project in Sparkhill.
Organisation: B’Opera and Art Works Hall Green Production: More in Common (working title)
Time period: From devising (December 2021) to performance (February 2022)
Hours and fee: £10 per hour for 37.5 hours (to be confirmed with B’Opera on appointment)
Location: In meetings/rehearsals online and in Edgbaston, Ladywood, Hall Green and Sparkhill, Birmingham
The Role: The Apprentice Artist will gain all-round experience tailored to their current skills and needs, to include workshop-leading or shadowing, devising, performing, project administration, marketing and contributing to the evaluation. We will also make available CPD and training, for example through the Birmingham Early Years Music Consortium, Sounds of Play. There will be mentoring available, allowing the shadow artist to talk through and reflect on their experiences on the ground, with a structured framework to think about them in ways that will deepen and further their learning. Involvement in this project will give the shadow artist valuable networking opportunities within the sector with the potential to lead to future independent professional opportunities. Art Works will actively seek opportunities to support a Shadow Artist through our networks and other programmes across Hall Green.
- We are particularly keen to hear from people local to Sparkhill where the project is taking place and we actively encourage applications from those who reflect the demographic of those who access The Springfield Project’s services.
- Some music/singing experience
- Some experience leading workshops, or desire to gain some
- Some experience working with children under 5, or desire to gain some
- Some experience of using social media and creating graphics and posts to communicate effectively
- Open and honest communication
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work on your initiative
How to Apply: Please email a short biography along with any relevant links to your work; and either of the below detailing why you are interested in the role to email@example.com
- A cover note OR
- A maximum 5-minute voice note
- Deadline: Friday 26th November, 12 midday
For more information about B’Opera, go to www.bopera.co.uk
For more information about the project, go to http://artworkshallgreen.co.uk/bopera-more-in-common/