Artists, makers, community convenors and those interested in the power of making art are invited to a space where we can share our work and what we would like to happen in the coming years.
The workshop and pot-luck lunch will be at Highfield Hall Community Centre, 127, 129 Highfield Rd, Hall Green, Birmingham B28 0HS on Friday 21 July from 10am to 1pm.
Who we are
Art Works Hall Green connects artists, community groups and people who are passionate about the arts across the Hall Green Constituency. We want to see our neighbourhoods of Hall Green, Sparkbrook, Springfield, Balsall Heath, Moseley and Kings Heath thriving with creativity. We are made up of a voluntary steering group and a part-time coordinator, funded by Birmingham City Council.
- Introduction to Art Works plus AGM (less than 20 minutes)
- Making some art
- Imagining future arts activities together
- Sharing a pot-luck lunch
Questions we will be asking
- How might we make our neighbourhoods viable places to make and create art?
- How might we engage more people in community arts and making?
- How might we ensure that local artists can pursue meaningful creative careers?
- What do we want from this community and what can we give?
What to bring
- Yourself, just as you are
- Some food to be shared, if you would like to stay for lunch