Hall Green Arts Forum, Art Works, is undertaking a feasibility study, in partnership with a number of community organisations, in order to be able to develop a fundable proposal for the delivery of cultural activities as part of the Commonwealth Games Cultural Programme in 2022.
We are seeking proposals from suitably qualified and experienced individuals or organisations to project manage, coordinate and provide a comprehensive feasibility study and subsequent business / fundable proposal. This will then be pursued by the partnership once the cultural funding programme for 2022 is announced.
The parameters of the feasibility will be within the Hall Green Constituency, specifically focusing on the Sparkbrook and Balsall Heath East and Sparkhill Ward, with the specific aim to engage communities along the Stratford Road. It will culminate in an event within Sparkhill Park
We want this activity to be a celebration of children’s arts, which builds on the Creative Families Festival© delivered annually by Springfield Children’s Centre, targeting children aged 0-11 yrs. and their families.
The event usually attracts 250 people per day within the centre, but as we are considering delivery in Sparkhill Park we will need to consider a wider range of activities and logistics.
We envisage building on the traditional sessions developed and delivered by Springfield Centre. There are some established Artists, but the connections to local Artists from Sparkhill and Sparkbrook, require exploring and improving.
We believe this project can / should enhance their role.
In scaling up from the current model, we need to explore links to children’s centres and schools in the area, engage with local schools and identify where this project links to school objectives with other children’s provision in the area, e.g. after school provision.
We are looking for individuals or organisations with:
- Project management skills
- Experience of co-design and co-production
- Experience of developing outdoor community events through consultation
- Proven track record in developing a quality creative experience
- Experience of working with Artists and Arts organisations
- Experience in working and developing partnership
- Experience of consultation / creative consultation and ‘narrative’ development i.e. developing a cohesive programme
- Experience of working with child practitioners or developing activities that focus on children’s ideas and creativity
- Establishing links with the schools and offering support within curriculum or provision delivery
- Awareness of the cultural diversity within Sparkbrook and Sparkhill and an eagerness to engage with and celebrate the breadth of cultural diversity in the area
- Proven track record of being capable of developing a business and operational plan which is fully costed, operationally sound with all partner and providers in place
- Capability of working to a time scale:
- The feasibility must be completed by end of March.
- The commissioned work needs to be ready for submission / grant ready for submission once the cultural grants are announced in 2021
Oversight and management
The successful candidate/organisation will accountable to the ArtWorks Coordinator and the Chief Executive of Springfield Project
For further additional information or a conversation about this project you can contact
Rachel Gillies, ArtWorks Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fee for the activity is
Project Fee – £3,000.00
Facilitation time – additional time – £500.00
Admin support time – £500.00
Please submit an Expression of Interest (maximum 2 sides of A4) which:
- Outlines your methodology based on the brief, including how you would incorporate co-design and co-production, especially with children, into developing the plan.
- Outlines any experience relevant to this work
- How would you address the issues related to ‘Commonwealth’ and the Commonwealth Games
CV – submit an up to date CV and please include whether you hold a relevant DBS certificate.
Closing date for submission: 5:00pm on Monday 4th January
Shortlisted candidate will be notified by the 4th January for interviews to be held on the 12th January. Interviews will include delivery of a short presentation, to be outlined to short listed candidates