Creating a Commonwealth-wide video celebrating the natural wonders of the Commonwealth through music & art.
Musicians, artists, photographers, creatives & composers – every age, ability, instrument & art form welcome!
This video will feature a new piece of music created by Commonwealth musicians, composers & creatives and illustrated by Commonwealth artists & photographers,
to demonstrate the variety & wide array of incredible wild & scenic locations around the Commonwealth, celebrating & sharing the diverse environmental riches in the Commonwealth.
A contributor doesn’t have to be a performer – you could be an artist or creative illustrating the video, you could be involved in composing & creating the music, you could be a performer on the video.
Your music could be recorded natural sounds, traditional music from your country or practised performance from notated music provided by us.
There are 5 ways to be involved
Click on the coloured title for the application page
1) Submit recordings of Indigenous or Traditional Music from Your Commonwealth country
(eg ethnic drumming or panpipe groups, Haka, traditional chanting etc)
2) Submit recordings of Sounds of the Natural World from Your Commonwealth country (eg wind through the trees, bird song, the sounds of the waves & waterfalls)
3) Submit Artworks & Photographs of Natural Wonders from Your Commonwealth country
4) Composer – creator of this new piece of music
5) Performer – musicians: instruments & vocals, any instrument, any ability, any age
This will be a Commonwealth celebration of outstanding local nature around the Commonwealth, released in time for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee weekend in June 2022
- You must be currently resident in the Commonwealth country of your nationality
- Only individuals can apply, no groups
- You can be a contributor in any section that you want, you don’t need to pick just one
- You must have access to a smart phone or other video recording device or scanner so that you can get your submissions to us electronically
- If you are under 18, a Parent or Guardian must sign the permission form for you to be able to participate
- Everyone’s submissions will definitely be featured in one of the project’s videos
- This is voluntary, all participants will need to sign a release/permission form for their contributions to be used
- Email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org